Making a beauty statement with glitter brows!
I have always loved, and been very comfortable in wearing, glitter. Naturally, I find all of these beautiful Pinterest images of unicorn hair with glitter parts, and glitter braids so inspiring, but they are just a little bit outside of what I perceive to be doable (with my fine, frizzy hair anyway). With the glitter hair trend on the up and up, I felt a little more confident in resurrecting one of my go to beauty looks from years past – the glitter eyebrow. It is something that my girlfriends and I used to play with on the weekends, and we went through a lot of trial and error (ahem, nail polish!) to get our technique and materials just right. Glitter brows are my own interpretation of the glittery beauty trends, and one that I see as being a lot more wearable and achievable for most.
Are glitter brows something you could see yourself trying?
Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of this post – there is a very basic Youtube tutorial (I am talking no makeup and no fancy stuff!) to show you just how easy it really is!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Your normal eyebrow pencil or powder
1x tub of glitter in your choice of colour and grade (coarse or fine)
1x tub of extreme hold hair gel (the stuff that dries rock hard)
1x paint brush/eyeshadow brush you don’t mind getting gel and glitter through
1x mixing dish
- Start with a good brow base. This means making sure you get them shaped properly to avoid strays or unruly brows. I have been seeing the ladies at Bronze Bombshell Beauty for my brows and lashes and it has made SUCH a difference to my makeup routine. I don’t have to wear mascara anymore, and I need very little powder to fill in my eyebrows (if I want to). If you prefer to tend to your peepers yourself, I applaud your enthusiam and eagerness!
- Brush your brows into shape and lightly fill in any gaps you want to with pencil or powder
- Scoop a small amount of gel out into your mixing dish and add glitter to it until you get your desired ratio (normally I try and make my mixture quite glitter heavy, but some people might prefer a light spattering of glitter)
- Gently press the gel and glitter mixture to your eyebrows with the brush so that it catches to the hair. Be careful to not ‘brush’ or ‘wipe’ across your eyebrows as you will dislodge or remove the glitter particles that you have already managed to get on your brows as you go back over it.
- Wait for it to set set hard and you are ready to go!